Eight thousand solar panels were installed on the roof of Wolseley UK’s National Distribution Centre (NDC) in 2014. The installation produces approximately two megawatts of electricity per year*. 60% of the electricity generated powers the NDC and the remaining 40% is exported to the grid. The array is expected to generate up to £6.1 million in revenue over 20 years. The payback period of the installation is 8.1 years, which means the NDC will receive “free” energy thereafter. Wolseley UK will also achieve carbon savings of around 1,280 tonnes per year. Wolseley UK continues to lead the way by investing in the technology that it advocates.
*Equivalent to powering 450 homes based on UK government typical electricity usage figures.
Back to our Stories